• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

I picked up a pair of XLR male plugs today to make some RCA to XLR to test the amp. If all goes well, I intend to remove the XLRs and solder some type of takeoff there. My preamp will be inside the same chassis, so I won't be mounting the buffer board on any panels. Can this amp be used without the buffer board? Can all the line inputs and aux voltages be accessed from the ribbon cable?

I picked up a pair of XLR male plugs today to make some RCA to XLR to test the amp. If all goes well, I intend to remove the XLRs and solder some type of takeoff there. My preamp will be inside the same chassis, so I won't be mounting the buffer board on any panels. Can this amp be used without the buffer board? Can all the line inputs and aux voltages be accessed from the ribbon cable?
Yes they can. See the datasheet for the pinout.

Something like this may prove useful:

idc-male-header-connector-breakout-board-terminal-block-2-x-13-5948-nl-G.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my first listening test - I'm impressed. Totally quiet without a signal, no cracks/pops etc when using any of the daughterboard switches. Only using a set of TEAC LS100U for this test, so can't try louder volumes but it sounds good so far.

Tried 2 sources:

1. RPi4 with Khadas Tone Board, running rAudio
2. ESP32 based streamer on LMS.

Now trying to work out the componentry and cabling to build an integrated amp...

Just finished my first listening test - I'm impressed. Totally quiet without a signal, no cracks/pops etc when using any of the daughterboard switches. Only using a set of TEAC LS100U for this test, so can't try louder volumes but it sounds good so far.

Tried 2 sources:

1. RPi4 with Khadas Tone Board, running rAudio
2. ESP32 based streamer on LMS.

Now trying to work out the componentry and cabling to build an integrated amp...
Appreciate you like it, and please share your work with more DIYers here :)

Thanks,Eric

My previous experience is with Class D amp boards, so this may be nothing unusual.

I left the amp running for nearly 4 hours, after which the 'main' heatsink was quite hot; I could only just hold my finger against it. My wife has a laser thermometer which I'll try and use to get an actual temperature reading, but has anyone else experienced this?

Is it something I need to worry about?

Yes they can. See the datasheet for the pinout.

Something like this may prove useful:

View attachment 1095464
I don't get it? Is that a breakout PCB that can fit on the ribbon supplied with the amp? Connect this instead of the buffer board to get the pinouts at the green terminal? Hope so cause it looks tidy

If this is the case, is it for sale anywhere?

My previous experience is with Class D amp boards, so this may be nothing unusual.

I left the amp running for nearly 4 hours, after which the 'main' heatsink was quite hot; I could only just hold my finger against it. My wife has a laser thermometer which I'll try and use to get an actual temperature reading, but has anyone else experienced this?

Is it something I need to worry about?
No worry about it. We had the thermal resistor under the amplifier heatsink. The MCU will monitor the temp to do the thermal limiting or even over-temp shutdown, just the heatsink goes hot, so do not touch it when you run it in high output for a long time. And a cooling fan is recommended if you need to keep the system cooler.
Btw, there is a temp reading out for the 26pin connector. You can use this voltage to build the thermal speed-control fan.

Thanks,Eric
1664594447631.png

Hmmm, I said it looks tidy but looking further at it, just cutting the ribbon and taking individual wires to the pre outputs and voltages would be tidier. I'll look at separating the wires and tagging them with labels, that is if the circuitry on the buffer board is non-essential?
If your system is compact design (I mean cannot put into this buffer board) you can cut the ribbon to wire it to your pre-amp, just make sure you connect it correctly and solder it well. Otherwise, I suggest to use this buffer board, and you can de-solder the XLR jack to put your input signal to these XLR jack pins.
It's easier to wire into your system.

Thanks,Eric