3M 6150 Panel PSU & 26 pin - 15 pin VGA Cable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
3M 6150 Panel PSU & 26 pin - 15 pin VGA Cable?

Hi,

Purchased these from ebay, however im in need of a 15v DC power supply with a DIN connection, like a s-video connection but bigger in diameter.(has 7 holes excluding the outer ring)

Anyone know where i could find one of these?

Or would it be possible to swap this strange power jack input, to a standard DC Jack?

I have actually seen the 26pin - 15pin vga cables on ebay, just none at the moment.

The powersupply is more of an issue ;)

Thanks, Any help much appreciated.

6150 Din pinout

Seems I need a manual for any 6000 series 3m panel.

Does anyone have a manual for the pinout, after searching i see a post stating:

Code:
and 40W, and I've seen one pinout that shows -15V on pin 2 and +15V on pin 6, when you look at the male DIN connector like so:

3 5
2 6
1 7

Seems you cannot edit posts here !

Anyway I have found out how to make the cable and how to wire up the PSU.

So all I need is a 15v dc adapter, at around 1.2 amps, wire up the 2 wires correctly to a 7 pin din socket. like above.

For the 26pin -15 pin VGA cable, I would aquire 1 male hd26 connector and 1 male hd15 connector and use a cable length of around a foot, allowing me to use my long male to male vga connector and then wire like below:

26 to 15 Function

Pin Pin
4 - 3 Blue
5 - 2 Green
6 - 1 Red
13 - 8 Gnd (Blue Shield)
15 - 7 Gnd (Green Shield)
16 - 6 Gnd (Red Shield)
19 - 14 Sync (V sync)
20 - 13 Sync (H sync)

Hope this helps other people.
And more importantly I hope this works as planned.

Well the power mod worked great, only 2 pins of the 7pin din are used. A better method would be to add a switch to switch between power methods (ie* some idiot cannot plug in 2 power sources at once!) Quite easily done.

Thanks for those who took the time to put a multimeter to each pin to test the voltage.

Powermod:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/URL

Working:
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Just waiting for a cable ;)

Hi, yeah i still havent been able to get hold of a cable, the power mod was easy, but the vga cable is proving hard to find.

I know any of the 6150 series and up over will have this cable, it would take someone less than 10 mins with a multimeter to debug

Pretty easy task, just check for continuity, multimeter set for diode/continuity then probe each wire and note down which pin to what pin produces a beep!

Cheers will let everyone know the pinout if Iget my hands on one with a lead.

VGA input lead for 3M LCD Panel 6150

I too bought one of these on eBay and without the PC lead.

Since the manual says that input signal goes straight thru to VGA output socket (even with panel 'off') I concluded that a continuity test beween input (26-pin) and output (25-pin VGA) socket would give me pinout of 26-pin.

I have now done this and have found that the pin layout is identical to that of the VGA, starting from top-right pin (looking at the socket. e.g. the first 5 pins (from RHS) on the top row are identical; the first 5 pins (from RHS) on the second row are also identical and same for bottom row.

Thus-

VGA 26-pin
1 1 Red (screened)
2 2 Green (screened)
3 3 Blue (screened)
4 4 Black
5 5 Red screen
6 10 Green screen
7 11 Blue screen
8 12
9 13 Red
10 14
11 19 Red/white
12 20
13 21 Green
14 22 Green/white
15 23

White is not used.

I have not yet hooked this up and tried it yet because I am awaiting delivery of a VGA plug to solder to the end of the MAC lead which I have canibalised.

Further to my previous post-

I have now tried the connection described (using canabalised MAC lead) - It didn't work.

Figuring that the panel input goes straight thru to the VGA output as I described previously, I nervously connected the VGA output of my PC to the VGA output socket of the panel with a M/M VGA lead.

I am pleased to report no damage as far as I can see (at least, not to my PC) but disappointed to find it still did not work!

Am now out of ideas.

I shall probably have a power supply for sale soon!

Watch this space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.