• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ACA Mini "Almost Clone" Board - Outside U.S.A.

Joined 2007
Paid Member

Attachments

• FE4DC831-FA0E-4913-94D9-458D8C346B74.jpeg
    FE4DC831-FA0E-4913-94D9-458D8C346B74.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 105
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Tomorrow I'll be sending out messages to all members of this group buy. You'll be asked this question: Would you like to receive your boards asap (meaning shipped in the next couple of days) OR would you like to receive your boards at a later date with a matched set of genuine Harris 9520/520. Please don't answer in this thread, it will just get messy and I won't be able to keep track.

Last edited:
Boahhh, you seem to be a magician, having found a source of genuine Harris FET's! Great!
BTW: what is the size of the "almost clone" board? Do you have a sketch also showing the measurments of the fixing points, please? So I will be able to prepare a frame.
Thanks, Kevin!
Franz

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Boahhh, you seem to be a magician, having found a source of genuine Harris FET's! Great!
BTW: what is the size of the "almost clone" board? Do you have a sketch also showing the measurments of the fixing points, please? So I will be able to prepare a frame.
Thanks, Kevin!
Franz
No magic involved. We all know who has the parts. I just asked a question and he chose to bless us all with the parts! Simple as that.

Of course i shall wait for the Harris Parts!
I have been measuring 20 each of non Harris parts. All from the same supplier. They measured quite well, ie were consistent per channel.
At 135 ma (my setup with an 82Ohm resistor), the N channels were all between 4.05V and 4.08V
The P channels between 3.75 and 3.8V
The batches are both very consistent, but the difference between N and P is important.
I am eager to see comparative results between Harris and others.

Thanks a lot to Papa and Kevin

First testrun of my new ACA Mini almost clone. Adjusted to VO 15VDC and VB 0.3VDC. The heathsinks are about 55 degree celsius in my 21 degree apartment.

A great sounding little Class-A amp, I am (not) surprized!

I will build it in an enclosure this weekend and then post another pictures.

Thanks to Nelson and Kevin!!!
Franz

20220211 first run.jpg

Last edited: