• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Alternative for 2SK3563?

I see this has been discussed previously but I'm not seeing anything up to date and/or definitive. What is the best substitute these days? The TK5A50D(STA4,Q,M) is available from Mouser. Is anybody using it? What have people built with and what has proven to work? I'm a pretty good constructor but I'm no EE, could use a little help.
TIA
Gary

Last edited:
To expand on this topic, I'm attempting a TSEII 300b build, working off the BOM at this link: http://tubelab.com/designs/tubelab-se/parts-list/

In addition to the NLA situation with the high voltage mosfet (above) I also have the following, uh, challenges:

The Sharp PQ5EV5 is NLA. Apparently it was discontinued 6-7 years ago. Is there a replacement that fits the original PC board?

Both the trimmer pots (1k, 100k) are NLA, nor do I see any others of the same values and form factor. I'm buying the smaller, readily available ones and hoping the "pins" are long enough to solder to the larger pads on the board. Is this plan likely to work?

With the BOM so apparently out of date I'm wondering if I'm working off the wrong version of the document... If there is a newer BOM I'd sure like to see it before I pull the trigger on my Digikey, Mouser and Antique Electronics orders.

You state that you are building a TSE-II then you mention that you need the regulator for the original board. Which board do you have?

The original TSE became the TSE-II because the Sharp regulator went extinct and no drop in replacement exists. I designed the TSE-II to use a modern regulator chip and incorporated several user requests at the time of redesign. By request, the TSE-II board is larger than the original TSE and will not fit in an enclosure built for the TSE.

The TSE-II BOM is in post #1 here, and the trimpots listed will fit either board:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/after-a-14-year-run-the-tse-must-die.331038/