Amp camp kit 12v version?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello DIY world -

I am building a system for a mountain cabin with no electricity service.

I want to run the system with power from a car battery which I would bring into town a few times a year or so to charge.

I have custom Origin live turntable power supply which works connected to the battery. I have bunch of electronics - like t-amp which also run on 12V.

I have a passive preamp for source selection and volume.

I want the system to sound as good as possible, and thought the Amp Camp kit might be a good improvement.

The power supplies for the Amp Camp kit are 19v.

Not being an electronics person, I hope this is not a dumb question - would it be possible to modify this amp's circuit to work well with a 12v power supply?
i.e., direct connection to a 12v battery..

Colin

No. Besides, your car battery is going to last one day, not parts of a year. You need to sit down and do some calculations about how you're going to use any kind of electrical power in the cabin. I would suggest solar panels and lots of battery capacity.

Here is a downloadable spreadsheet calculator to help you assess your electrical needs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.