Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:spin:

Wooden-Stove.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
XA 252 super simple babysitter. Turned on A/C the other day, got to 81 inside. The XA 252 was getting where 5 second rule was in danger.

Had two quiet computer fans designed to bolt in computer case. Bought a couple of 9 volt wall warts. Clipped off the snap on fitting from fans wire. Found the two wires that drove the motor and soldered a 5.5 mm plug on it, the wall wart being already fitted with a male 5.5 plug.

Barely noticeable breeze comes of them. Stood on edge firing across fins. 46C degrees now. Perfect! 👍

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
They have already checked it out. If they touch it, the fan is getting so little juice it just stops dead if anything contacts it. No power at all. Any pull on it at all, the barrel connector falls undone. Just experiment, it only runs when I'm listening and sitting here.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It does make a difference. Having nothing above let's the heat go! I also notice a substantial benefit by having amp feet large enough to lift amp off floor a little higher. More Room For air to get under heatsink and use full height of sink for cooling. Eventually I will Install them in a babysitter contraption. Lowers temps from 5 second hold to nice and warm only. Really knocks a ton of heat off.

Russellc