bigger triplet available?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is there any BIG triplet lenses available on sale anywhere? bigger than that 60mm triplet from diylabs. Lens diameter matters alot. if we could get a 120mm triplet - 4 times the glass area, 4 times more light gets through, 4 times brighter. 60mm triplet and a 60" screen will have the same brightness as a 120mm triplet and a 120" screen.... So anything bigger than 60mm? around 100-250mm possibly?

well it makes sense dont it? lol. Im still into single tube crt projection (tv and lens) because i cant get a well priced panel without having to ship it from somewhere else. Pickup only for now. I have 2 pcx lenses (aka condensors) that ive tried for projection. One is about 95mm and the other is 140mm. Double the area, double the brightness. It makes a huge difference. I have no source and im no optics expert either.

P.S anyone got a panel or a strippable lcd for sale for pickup near toronto, Ontario?

I live in Alberta.

I do not think you will be happy with a qa-1150. The screen door is very evident on that panel.

The QA-1650 is an excellant panel and shows very little screen door effect.

I project it on a 96" diagonal screen and from 8ft back you can hardly even see the pixels.

Gordon

ah the qa1150 will be good enough for me, i dont have much money. i would love to have the sharp qa1650, but i dont hav the doe, and you life too far away...:( If you ever come down near toronto so i can pick it up, i would love to buy is for around 90-100$ if it has all the cables and remotes.

Ancorp,

check out this link. This looks like an outstanding set of lenses for our projects but I'm thinking that they will not be cheap.

http://www.rolyn.com/html/page_3__v..._CMSprod__companyid_64329__lineid_1017__.html

The 500mm 4.5 should be about 111 mm wide. A perfect size lens for a 15 inch LCD. Thihs is the ideal size for a 15 inch LCD because you can have the projector back a little further. The 327 DIY labs creates a very big picture which makes it hard to place the projector.

the 240 is perfect for the 7 inch LCD and the 300 will work well with 9 - 13 inch LCD.

Hezz

ancorp

take it from someone that owns a sharp QA-1150, it's really not a good panel, first off, it's old tech! it was my first panel i used on my OHP setup. the image was watchable and it blows a fresnel and 13" tv away! but on ANY dark movies it is un-watchable.

i'm not sure on how the 1650 is but i did hear good reports about it.

now your saying your on a tight budget.... why not buy a sony psone 5" LCD?? i got mine off ebay and only paid $10.50 US for it + shipping.. mind you the back light did not work, but i didn't need it anyways!
this is a lower res panel but from what i gather, this will be your first projector. and you will learn ALOT from building it.

try doing a search on psone LCD projector, see what you come up with.

Ya, i know about the ps1 screen and ebay and tv fresnel crap, etc.
BTw im not using a crappy fresnel, im using a 140mm plano-convex lens (results are quite decent, and once i make a wooden enclosure with an aperture board and a curved high gain screen, it would be great for a 50-60" image with unbeatable contrast.

I cant get my hands on a ps1 lcd in Toronto. I cant have it shipped, only pickup, and cant find anything at the time. the qa1150 would be a great starter panel.... DR_BEV you still hav yours?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.