Bulb not lighting up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 400W Ushio retrofit bulb with a sodium ballast and capacitor and ignitor. I have been using it for about 4 months and its been working fine. Yesterday it stopped working, sorta. The bulb lights up just barely and doesnt go bright at all. Usually u get the reaction in the bulb and it sort of explodes and slowly starts brithening up but its not doing that. The ballast turns on and hums a bit but usually its louder than what it is now. I personally think it might be the ignitor thats not working properly or the bulb but i have no clue. Can anyone help me?

so i guess its not an isolated incident... It must have happened to other people too but no one seems to want to check these forums lately... :( Mine actually started working for 2 days now and that was after 5 days of not working but now its not working again. I think its the ignitor kuz it just seems like its not firing up but its got power going to it fine.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.