Bulk Instrument Cable Sources?

Hi all - was cleaning up my workshop this weekend and stumbled on a box of 70x brand-new Switchcraft 250 Plugs that I picked up for about $10 at an estate sale years ago. I've been getting back into pro audio and recording recently, so would love to make some nice quality patch cables with them for personal use and to give to friends.

I'm finding lots of relatively low-cost bulk instrument cable sources online, but they're all a little... boring. Black rubber insulation seems to be about the only option in bulk, aside from a few colors of George L cable that sells for almost $2.50/ft.

Any recommendations on sourcing decent quality colored or tweed/cloth-covered cable that can be purchased in bulk?

Many thanks!
Mike

Theres a company on Amazon called Worlds Best Cables which I really like alot. They use Amohenol and Mogami to make their cables and are very well priced while still being high quality.

I used to be a Neutrik snob with connectors but some of the Amphenol connectors are just as good IMO if not a little better for lower end applications that perform to a professional standard.

Mogami makes very good cable and are reasonably priced for lower budget designs that are still technically very good for professional use. Cheap coax can also work well, but the flexibility is an issue as can be microphonics and parasitic inductance with high impedance sources.

Thanks again for the recommendation on those coax cables, dotneck. They will fit the bill nicely! The braid is really well made, and because the inner conductor is stranded they are nice and flexible. I'd highly recommend!

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg