Car Audio Suitable Preamp for Discman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does your amplifer have RCA type inputs? If it does, it probably can drive the amp. If not it won't, then you have the easy choice of using a op-amp.

Hmm. I have no idea what you can get where you live, but first guess your need Single sided supply opamp, 4volts p-p, 10mv output? Anyone think of a good generic for this?

RCA Type Inputs

Yes, my amp have RCA type inputs , the problem is i have to get the line out of discman from the discmans earphone out jack so the sound comes with distortion and lots of bass when the volume is at top. My old discman have a line out except from the earphone out . The sound is crystal clear when i use line out. But my new discman doesn't have one. I don't know how much V's the earphone out sends to the amp but i beleive it is below a car tape.

Like I said, I have no idea what parts are available to you - it seems to vary a great deal between country to country. But you need a basic audio op-amp (a dual would be nice) and some powersupply stuff. I suspect that a simple voltage divider for the 12v of a car power would be fine - /+ 5 or 6v in most of these would allow you to get 2 or 3 volts of output from the opamp. This is more than enough to work. The OPA2134 is about $1 in the US, so with a few other parts (little plug in, rca outs, perhaps a pot to trim the gain level?.

Look to see what is available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.