Creek Audio Destiny: Help with adjusting VR2

Regarding Vgs Threshold on the output devices: Q15-18. Vgs changes (<0.6 Volts to 2 Volts) with respect to VR2. Data sheets show a range of Vgs threshold (eg 1 to 3 Volts) values and if the correct output device is selected then VR2 has enough range to satisfy Vgs Th. This would explain why idle voltage didn’t increase on HUF75639P3, which has Vgs Th of 2-4 Volts. I had review because I fried an IRL2910 on my R amp board. unfortunately, they’re no longer available. Looking into alternates IRL540N, STP40N10L, and IRLB4030PBF. There are a few more I found on mouser that might work. Will likely go with IRL540N. Rds On is higher at 40mOhms but I don’t think that alone will cause any issues, or will it?

Last edited:
Naprawiłem także mój wzmacniacz i uzyskałem bardzo dobry wynik z tranzystorami IRLB4030PFB. IRLB4030PFB ma próg Vgs od 1 do 2,5 V, podczas gdy HUF76639P3 ma próg od 1 do 3 V. Dźwięk znów jest piękny:)
Piotr
Cześć ,Piotr1111 powiedz do czego służą te podkładki silikonowe i czy te podkładki muszą być zamontowane czy można z nich zrezygnować

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Witam, proszę" nick Racja z USA " o udostępnienie plików schematów Destiny ze strony Hifiengine ponieważ nie można się zarejestrować na Hifiengine.Pozdrawiam
Hello, I am asking "nickname Racja z USA" to provide the Destiny schematic files from the Hifiengine website because you cannot register on Hifiengine. Regards

Cześć ,Piotr1111 powiedz do czego służą te podkładki silikonowe i czy te podkładki muszą być zamontowane czy można z nich zrezygnować
Hello, Piotr1111, tell me what these silicone pads are for and whether these pads must be installed or can they be omitted

English please

Hugo :cop:
Moderation team

I also repaired my amp and I got a very good result with IRLB4030PFB transistors. The IRLB4030PFB has Vgs threshold of 1 to 2,5 v whereas the HUF76639P3 has 1 to 3v. The sound is beautiful again :)
Peter
Hello, Piotrek, I burned 76639p. After replacing the paste, I did not put on the silicone pads. Is this the reason for burning the transistors?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All, I have rebuilt a Destiny Integrated with several new components. I've replaced the original HUF76639 MOSFETS with IRL2910 MOSFETS, which seem to be the best substitute. All seems to be working well. The idle voltage is stable around 21.5mV +/-.5mV every few minutes. I'm ecstatic it simply works after all the work I put into it. I've adjusted VR2 CW as little as possible for VR1 to adjust the idle voltage. I found that VR1 did take several turns before adjusting the idle voltage from .25 to 1 mV, and then rises exponentially WRT VR1. VR1 is around 30 ohms when idle voltage is at 21.5mV.

How important is fine tuning VR2? if I turn it CW this will increase the voltage across SR1 (LM336-5.0)(pins 4 and 8) passed 6 volts which is out of spec (4-6 volts) according to the data sheet. Right now SR1 (4-8) is at 5.93 volts. I am wondering if having adjusted VR2 out of factory settings will cause issues down the road with other components. Is adjusting VR2 important? If so, how should it be adjusted? Or are there other measurements I should make to verify the amp is working within design parameters? Any help is appreciated.
Hello, tell me what these silicone pads are for and whether these pads must be installed or can they be omitted

Reactions: 1 user
The HUF76639P3 (TO-220 package) are no longer manufactured, out of stock at authorized distributers, and I doubt you can find an authentic set on the grey market.

I look for components on www.trustedparts.com that can't find at distributors like Digikey and Mouser.

I would recommend replacing all 8 transistors, and inspect components that may have been damaged by the event.

IRL540N and IRL2910 are substitutes I've used that work.
I haven't tried IRLB4030s because they were too expensive. As far as I know Peter1111 is the only user who reports that they will work.

Unfortunately, IRL2910 are also out of stock. I think I have a set of 8 IRL2910s (I have to check) I can mail you if you want.

Regarding Vgs Threshold on the output devices: Q15-18. Vgs changes (<0.6 Volts to 2 Volts) with respect to VR2. Data sheets show a range of Vgs threshold (eg 1 to 3 Volts) values and if the correct output device is selected then VR2 has enough range to satisfy Vgs Th. This would explain why idle voltage didn’t increase on HUF75639P3, which has Vgs Th of 2-4 Volts. I had review because I fried an IRL2910 on my R amp board. unfortunately, they’re no longer available. Looking into alternates IRL540N, STP40N10L, and IRLB4030PBF. There are a few more I found on mouser that might work. Will likely go with IRL540N. Rds On is higher at 40mOhms but I don’t think that alone will cause any issues, or will it?
hello, what caused them to fry irl2910 🤔