Crossover Puzzle Master needed to create crossover diagram from a PC Board

Hello! I could use someones help in creating a XO diagram from the PC board of my Pinnacle Classic Gold 2.5 Towers. I have attached a labeled image of the PC board components, inputs and outputs. My 71 year old brain is trying to think but nothing happens! An image of a labelled hand drawing is fine. Thank you!

Pinnacle_XO_OEM.JPG

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Hopefully someone can figure it out, but I don't think your schematic above is right.
For the tweeter circuit you would have the cap come before the parallel inductor.
For the woofer circuit you would have the inductor come before parallel cap and you would not have a resistor out in front in series.
It WOULD be normal to have the resistor out in front in series on the TWEETER, but not the woofer.

I don't necessarily think the schematic below is correct based on your first post, but with your components and values, I would think something "like" this...MAYBE??

VituixCAD XO-schema-1.png

My head hurts! A4eaudio, I agree that it would be correct to have the resistor on the tweeter and not on a woofer, but I cannot see that the PC board layout permits this. As for the Tweeter circuit, the path appears to start at the Amp + In > P1 > C2 > the splits to the tweeter positive and continues on C1. C1 continues > L3 > out to tweeter neg. Does that make sense ? The Woofer #1 path appears to be Amp positive > P1 > L2 > splits to C3 and out to W#1 Positive. C3 > R1 > Ground/W#1 negative. AlanB I am leaning toward your diagram so I created a labeled diagram in Xsim and have attached i below. I invite all to compare it to the PC board image at the start of this thread and make any suggestions. Thanks all for taking the time!

1715306737405.png

Reactions: 1 user
>PeteMcK - "duplication in labels on the original diagram are confusing" Sorry for any confusion. I have attached an image of the speaker terminal cap that shows and example of chrisng comment.

>> chrisng - "thanks for taking the time to check my work and adding the polyswitch. I may leave it out entirely since my listening chair is only 8' away and I never get much louder than 85db.

1715345205125.png

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you to all who provided their expertise and experience. I build the XO based on the my diagram above. I chose to leave out the polyswitch. Since I fried one of the original Vifa tweeters when learning to use REW :>( . I replaced them with a pair Peerless BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter with a built in wave guide. I choose this tweeter based on it's 1) flat frequency response 2) a waveguide which matches well with a two way using 8" low freq drivers, and its 3) 91.5 sensitivity. I must say, this tweeter with the upgraded components of the XO has yielded an incredible satisfying sounding tower. I am putting a bow on this project. Here is the crossover build diagram.

1715736066862.png