• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

I've a question, in parallel single ended mode (313ohm, 2.6v), it can directly drive an integrated amplifier with input impedance of 10k or 100kohm (pot impedance )? Or is it desirable to have a lower output impedance to to get a better impedance matching hence better sound.
Tell me yours, thank you.

Last edited:
Just finished building the Power, Buffer, and Display boards and assembling the dam1941 system. Everything is working fine and sounds great. I won't be using the head phone feature. Am I correct in assuming that it is safe to cut-off the display board at a point beyond the mounting hole at 6.695"?

Thanks

I'm ordering front and rear panel face plates for the assembled DAC. I'd appreciate part numbers for the TOS and USB2 jacks so I can get accurate size & cut-out specs. The RCA and BNC information was provided preciously.
Some time ago Soren posted the the bagplate of the Soekris dac1541 which as the same cut out size. I've attach the Autocad dwg with those info. I haven't made a case yet, they should be correct but in case double check them.

Attachments

• Bagplade.jpg
    Bagplade.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 109
  • slim line 2u (1) dam1941_final.dwg.zip
    221 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
One question: How can I do a true factory reset ? I realized that my set=filter... Commands are still there after flashing firmware/filter package 1.23. So, this is not a complete erase and rewrite...

Backround of my question: I played around with some cuatom dilters and strange enough i got now a highly attenuated signal, but only in sampling frequence 96khz.

My first Dam1941(older one) does not behave like that, so i want to be sure, that any misbehaving custom filter setting are erased and that I get the same volume behavior no matter which sample frequency i feed the 1941 with.

One question: How can I do a true factory reset ? I realized that my set=filter... Commands are still there after flashing firmware/filter package 1.23. So, this is not a complete erase and rewrite...

Backround of my question: I played around with some cuatom dilters and strange enough i got now a highly attenuated signal, but only in sampling frequence 96khz.

My first Dam1941(older one) does not behave like that, so i want to be sure, that any misbehaving custom filter setting are erased and that I get the same volume behavior no matter which sample frequency i feed the 1941 with.
Reload 1.20 stock 4K filters, available on soekris website.