dcx2496 strange results

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

After several months of ownership I've finally been able to try the Auto phsae align feature for the speakers on thsi unit .

But.. the results I've got look a bit strange.

Speaks are 2 way + 1 sub / channel

sub delays come back at 0mm (fair enough i suppose) but the mid/bass unit is at 3192mm and the tweeter at 3222mm (other channel almost the same.

I am suprised at the 3000ish mm delay for the main speaks given that the subs are about 1 m behind
Crossovers are set at 48db/oct (all L-Riley) at 84hz and 3.04Khz.
Any comments about the figures returned would be appreciated.

I have also tried a first run of EQ without calibrated equipment.
I must say first impressions of the eq are good , with the sound being not nearly as good with it switched out (i have approx 6-7 bands of parametric EQ being used in the dcx)
Software version is 1.16.

Speaks are 12" dynaudio subs (reflex box), SS8530 revelator mid/bass (reflex box) + vifa XT25 top.

many thanks in advance

you are aware, that you can select two sets of measurements for delay - short and long delay.

You have to under any circumstances disable the long delay
which is done by pressing long delay - no in the auto delay set up menu.

Long delay is only for pro multi stack set up.

Also make sure you are not disturbing the signal, that it is quiet during measurements..
I usually run the set three times, and I usually also disable the auto polarity function.

I run vifa drivers all through, similar setup as yours with 48db xover points at 80 and 1900 Hz. I am using a deq2496 for auto eq.
Usually for such steep slopes the dcx runs out of processing power. I only have app. 23% left.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.