Defective Power Entry Module in Back Panel Kit

I was trying to slip on a 0.2 in Faston connector to one of the switch terminals (L), and the blade on the switch was driven into the body of the switch, I managed to pull it back into position, but could not slip on the connector. It was the correct size connector...I used the same on the (N) terminal.

Is there an higher quality version of this module. Maybe Schurter is cutting corners but it seems cheap compared with a similar module I bought a few years ago from Mouser.

David

OK, I managed to use needlenosed pliers to pull the blade into position and bend the tab "securing" the blade in the nylon body just enough to hold it into place while inserting the connector. Barely enough resistance to get it fully inserted. The switch works fine, which is the important thing. I will have to look around on Mouser for a better switch...I am sending this amp out into the world (building an F4 for a friend), and I do not need any trouble down the road.

David

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi David. The PEM that is put into the back panel kits is a high quality Schurter 4304.6090. I can't find any information about the country of manufacture on their data sheets (I had always assumed Switzerland). I don't think I've ever heard of this issue before since we started selling the back panel kits. The spec sheet (https://www.schurter.com/en/datasheet/typ_6765.pdf) says:

"Blade terminal (4.8 x 0.8 mm), holder for 1 or 2 fuses (text legible, when inlet on bottom) bipolar switch, 4.8mm blade terminal"

It might have been you got a dud or just bad luck. Whatever is the case, please contact the helpdesk at contact@diyaudiostore.com with your order number and we'll arrange a replacement to be sent out. And thank you for the feedback.