Disappointing Vinyl-Records

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Maybe it’s a good idea to warn others and keep them from disappointing purchases…

So it happened to me, while online-shopping for the latest John Scofield record (Uncle John’s Band- which is great in every respect),
I discovered the re-issue of John Scofield - A Go Go on vinyl – a collaboration with Medeski, Martin &Wood.

Wow- I was waiting for a re-release for such a long time. Verve by request; printed by Jack White's Third Man Pressing.

This is one of the worst records I have! Dynamics: Zero! Nothing! It sounds better on Spotify!
The record is so quiet, I have to turn the volume ¼ more than for other records.
After the purchase I read of similar complains, also with other records from the Verve by request-series, which I from now on avoid…

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah.... thanks for info..... But as soon as you wrote Third Man Records, I had a guess.
Can´t point it out strongly enough.....
Stay away from 3. Man, DOL, Waxtime, Waxtime in Color, Jazz Time, Vinyl Passion, Jazz, Back to Black and a hell of a lot of others.
The worst is, that as soon as peoples dissapointment over a label gets worldwide attention, the label dissapears and another
unknown pops up :mad: . Al this only possible because of the EU copyright laws.
Only decent reissue label (of course exept the original labels) I know of, is Music On Vinyl (MOVLP).
I know it´s appealing to buy a brand new repress for 14,95$, but it really isn´t worth the disapoinment;)
Far better to buy a 2. hand original label.