• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Distinction TDA1541A D3 DAC by ryanj

Things you have for sale.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Fully built and working D3 DAC board with TDA1541A DAC chip.
Genuine TDA1541A chip was carefully removed from a Philips CD player with a Hakko FR301 desolder gun.
$300 including shipping to USA only, payment via PayPal F&F

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpeg
    IMG_2102.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
@jotom750,
I'm not one that gets too deep into "reviewing" my diy audio gear. I build and listen, then tweak if needed until the foot is tapping and all smiles.
I'm not a TDA guru by any means, but over the longterm, my AD1862 builds seemed to have more foot tapping going on with bigger smiles.
Not a very technical answer :ROFLMAO:

@ghettocowboy,
I do not have an S1 in my stash, but have always been curious about the 1541A thats installed in my Philips DFA-980. Rumor is it's an S1 chip.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thanks Vunce. Having a few TDA machines, and having done some very basic mods, (clock, PSU, op amps, caps mostly, I can say that they can make a vast difference. Original implementation is most important though as the more technically minded (not me) know all too well.

Not wishing to upset anybody, but I've not got on with the Marantz CD80 (S1 chip) or the Marantz CD7 (2 x S2 chips) but do like the Cambridge Audio early players, and some others (using the Taiwan chip), my findings are that you can do as much as you like to extract detail from it with very little risk of making it harsh in any way, but with the advantage of extra some detail.

It would be interesting to compare with the AD1862. (Is that in any way similar to the BB PCM 1702?)
All the best.