DIY Anamorphic lens for tabletop projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I will share pictures of my 23 dollar DIY anamorphic prism lens in the forum if anyone is interested to try. Prisms were obtained on ebay through surplushed and with shipping it comes to 22 dollars plus the duct tape one dollar and half hour of your time is enough to make the prism lens to watch movies in cinemascope
Anyone who is interested in watching cinemascope movies for tabletop projectors can do this as you need to place the prism assembly very close to the projector lens. See the images I have posted.
Housing of prism was done using the same USPS box in which the prism was posted to me. Its quite thick enough to make the housing using the duct tape and some gum.
The prisms were glued on the sides with regular glue you can obtain in office depot.
The image from the projector comes at an angle and so you need to keep something to place the prism lens as in the image shown in a slight angle to get the appropriate image.
These prisms are not coated and so if you go close to the image on the wall, you may notice light scattering with rainbow colors, but while if you are away from screen for atleast 6 feet which we normally do when we watch movies you dont notice any chromatic aberrations and the image is actually brighter with vertical stretching in LBX mode and horizontal stretching with the prism lens.
Goodluck.

Images

When i tried to post the images it became a new thread. I reqeust the moderator to delete the images thread and keep this.
thank you

Attachments

• lens placement.jpg
    lens placement.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 219
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.