DIY compatible monitors list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Been following this forum for some time know... Wealth of knowledge here.

I have just purchased a faulty ViewSonic VE500 off eBay for £30 including delivery.
Risky I know as it may not be just the Back light that is faulty BUT after testing with a light behind I can't see any Dead pixels and the LCD looks Good.

I understand that some Panels arn't DIY friendly because of the Driver board in the way and such..

I think this one IM(n00b)HO is though!!!

See Pics :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:bigeyes:

Wish me luck in my endeavors and if any you guys can recommend UK suppliers of Parts I would be most great full..

:confused:

Update for the compatible monitor list

Has anyone knowledge about the newest monitors which are compatible for the diy projector? I have tried Compaq TFT 450, but it has a bad FFC issue, so i need another monitor. Are the all LG models compatible and are the all Samsung models, example Samsung syncmaster 570B? Tom's hardware list for compatible monitors are some little too old monitors, even second hanc monitors are newer and
i'm interested if someone has a newer list.

how did you make out using ve500

Fizzer said:
Hello

Been following this forum for some time know... Wealth of knowledge here.

I have just purchased a faulty ViewSonic VE500 off eBay for £30 including delivery.
Risky I know as it may not be just the Back light that is faulty BUT after testing with a light behind I can't see any Dead pixels and the LCD looks Good.

I understand that some Panels arn't DIY friendly because of the Driver board in the way and such..

I think this one IM(n00b)HO is though!!!

See Pics :D

:bigeyes:

Wish me luck in my endeavors and if any you guys can recommend UK suppliers of Parts I would be most great full..

:confused:

Just wondering how you made out stripping the ve500 and any issues ,I am about to do mine this week . please let me know and thanks.

Dead lcd please help

guys, i have got a pretty big problem,

I purchase super brand lcd tv 9.2" res-800x256. With built in tuner, I purchase it for 4200/-Rs.(100$)
Vga & video connectivity

while stripping the lcd i destroyed it , The lcd is not working now.
i am in a fix now.

I was Making the projector for a friend, Now he wont be able to buy new set.

i have the controllers . i looked throughly and found that the controller is
based on techwell inc chip TW 8816.

I downloade the data sheet it specifies that the chip supports wxga . but the
lcd which came as package was only 800x256.

So is it possibe that i buy some other wxga lcd and connect to this controller,
will it work.

Kindly suggest if there is any compatible lcd, Will laptop lcd work .
laptop lcd's have great resolution in small size.

all the gurus present here please help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.