DIY HDTV antenna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So. Very funny antenna. The best HDTV antenna is a digital satellite receiver. But if you want a UHF antenna you need, you can build these antenna.
First, these antenna need a agreeing device, that justifies resistances antenna and receiver
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

wire in plastic insulation it is necessary to wind on ferrite ring, by diameter 80 mm

digifun said:
So. Very funny antenna. The best HDTV antenna is a digital satellite receiver. But if you want a UHF antenna you need, you can build these antenna.
First, these antenna need a agreeing device, that justifies resistances antenna and receiver
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

wire in plastic insulation it is necessary to wind on ferrite ring, by diameter 80 mm
Satellite is nice, but it's not free and DVB-S cards are very hard to find here.
The card I have can work with ATSC and QAM-based versions of DVB-C. I don't have a cable line installed so I can't use DVB-C, but the card has two inputs so I will leave one connected to an antenna for ATSC once I get a DVB-C cable line installed.

But which design should I use to start with?

This is a very good antenna. You can receive VHF and UHF signals by high quality.
This is a reflector:

This is a antenna module:

Complete antenna:

This aligner, without it antenna works much bad:

digifun said:
This is a very good antenna. You can receive VHF and UHF signals by high quality.
This is a reflector:

This is a antenna module:

Complete antenna:

This aligner, without it antenna works much bad:
I have a 75R to 300R balun transformer. Can I use it as is or should I rewind it for your design?

Digifun,

Is the top dipole what enhances the VHF reception?

The balance of the antenna looks like a CM DB-4 clone.

I'm 40 mi. +/- from my local stations, post transition will only have high VHF, and UHF to receive. Currently using a YAGI, rated at 90 Mi, but not getting all stations ( I think it's due to Tree's in LOS ) would doubling your design and stacking a vertically mirrored pair work for a broadcast antenna spread of aprox 30 deg.? ( plus moving the location to avoid LOS issues )

Hope you can help,

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.