DIY microphone preamp with 48v phantom power, and headphone dac/amp AIO?

Hello, after i built my first numpad which works, i now want to see if i can build myself a compact microphone preamp, as well as dac/amp for my headphones as well.
I want it to be a digital one, so i can add software modules/addons for said software without needing more than a processor and enough ram to handle all the tasks it needs to do.
It will need: 48v phantom power supply (don't know how this stuff works yet, but i learn as i go along), Rotary dials, and sliders for microphone EQ/low, mids and high's, as well as volume/gain
For headphones: dac/amp components for up to 600 ohm, if i ever get heavy driven headphones, as well as EQ sliders for it for low mids and high's as well. Maybe even a physical section of sliders to adjust EQ that way.

Headphones will be 3.5-6.35mm aux, mic will be XLR.

Is this accomplishable?

Is this accomplishable?
Yes, but its not necessarily so easy. Depends in part on what sound quality you would like, what size case you expect, how much money you are willing to spend, how much personal time and effort, etc.

Also, if you want to digitize a mic, you would need an ADC, not just a DAC.

In addition, here in the forum there are areas for headphone amps, preamps, DACs and ADCs, DSP, etc. There are people who are pretty expert in each area. To learn them all may take some time. You can't just cut and paste modules together when it comes to DACs and ADCs because of the RF involved. It can take some time to get up to speed on the issues.

Last edited: