• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dorati NOS DAC kits

Thanks for the Dorati kit Richard.

I soldered all the smd parts for my project today; aiming to get some testing done tomorrow.

MI812Qx.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I'm listening to my Dorati DAC - measured and worked spot on straight off the bench.

It's a nice little DAC Richard and performs very agreeably. I agree wiith your comment in post #1, it is a step up from the Kubelik, though that's not to denigrate the performance of it as it is also a very good performer - I think the Dorati just seems to be a little more transparent and authoritative.

Thanks for another great little project/kit.

g7pTgyD.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So here are my voltages, all taken while playing music. Using a 7022 i2s board. All voltages were in spec before adding the caps and inductors. That said, it sounds great on my little computer/soldering room system, but I haven't tried it in the living room system yet. I did not populate R22, R60, and I wasnt sure if it mattered which way the inductors went so I put them both with the magnet wire parts facing inwards.

TP1 4.817 - good
TP2 2.492 - good
TP3 1.664 - good
TP4 4.531 - a little low
TP6 5.69 - seems too low
TP7 4.333 - quite low
TP8 5.002 - good
TP9 6.885 - quite low
TP10 5.523 - low
TP12 6.702 - quite low
Image-1.jpeg
Image(1).jpeg