Fake STK3152/STK3102

Hello, I was just planned to order a STK3102 in ebay...and now I really hesitate :). The ampli I have is a marantz PM-80 and I am investigating but more and more think on a failure on this STK3102IV.
However, when I saw the soldering on the picture, cannot do this on so small. So is it possible to order it with components soldering and not only the PCB? Alternatively how to find a real STK3102IV? ( As my case is similar to pioux, guess french will get a lazzy reputation...)

If you order the PCB from JLCPCB or PCBWAY you can also order a solder stencil with the PCB. Then there are tutorials video online about screen printing the paste with the stencil. It might be an interesting new challenge to learn perhaps? Or perhaps not for everyone? JLCPCB can do the assembly but it is a bit of a learning curve in KiCad to do the BOM and centroid file if you do not have regular need to learn such skills.

Ok, I made this module for a Sony 530ES. Got it up fine. In idle all looking good, stable, bias adjusted. Measured a temperature of 45 degC, no worries.

Next step, apply some input - failed, heavy oscillation of the output stages! Both with and without a load.

Will check the feedback path.. but.. any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_183426.jpg
    IMG_20220208_183426.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 272
Ok, I made this module for a Sony 530ES. Got it up fine. In idle all looking good, stable, bias adjusted. Measured a temperature of 45 degC, no worries.

Next step, apply some input - failed, heavy oscillation of the output stages! Both with and without a load.
Just to follow up - after a redesign of mainly the feedback loop (which had mismatched capacitances causing the oscillations), the Sony now plays beautifully.

Reactions: 1 user
We have no information about the transistor die types used in the original module, so it is always likely that the clone module will need some compensation tweaking.
Many of these amplifiers were chasing headline distortion figures at the expense of stability margins
Right, and I think everyone is likely to run into this problem. In a test setup similiar to the original application note, I get oscillations as well.

Does this renewed module directly replace the marantz pm-84 mk2 original stk3122III?

I have near mint condition pm-84 mk2 but right channel of stk is blown. I think to go with nte1339 but its voltage endurance is too low. Marantz voltage supply is +-65V. and it has mosfet outputs if it does matter. (J115/K405)