Fostex FE 206 E in ML TL Again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finaly made a new ML TL enclosures for my Fostex FE 206 E drivers. I followed the M.J.Kings design and dimensions using 22 mm MDF veneered with 2 mm cherry veneer (Inside dimensions 42in X 11in X 9,5in).
I also made a BSC with Zobel. For Zobel I took 3uF cap (Solen) and 15 ohm resistor (Mills). For BSC 2.2 mH air core inductor( no name-since the Erse did not arrived jet) 10 ohm resistor (Mills) and 2 uF cap (Seacor PNLP).
The bass is still missing (just a little bit better with filter) and not satisfiing at all.
Is this because of the different inductor and parallel capacitor?
I also used a 4 inches diameter port long 6 inches (found in: Driver in a Ported Transmission Line-Acoustic and Electrical Response from Martin j. King 4/25/03) instead of 2 inches long port used by MJK in his original Lowther DX Series enclosures.
Any ideas what have I made wrong or even better what to do more to get more bass from this system.
To drive the speakers I use a Rotel RB 960 BX (60 w/ch) power amp and Oakley Image tube preamp (or an old DB Systems SS preamp with separate power suplly. The speakers I used prior to Fostex were a Energy 22A with very decent bass and not so good mids and highs.

Regards, Leon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.