Free to a good home TQWT built for Lowthers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am now listening to my fifth version of TQWT pipes. As with the others, version number four is looking for a home. Some details;

Very heavy - 150 lbs+ each, plus covered in a tung oiled cherry veneer. Cannot be shipped, pick up south of Houston TX.

Drivers - countersunk with cutouts for a Lowther driver. Others may fit, but I know the Fostex will not go.

Dimensions - 59" tall, 18.5" deep, 11" wide. Made with three layers of 12 mm russian birch. These are folded horns.

Front firing, rear loaded. Internal deflectors (three part in upper corners to maintain expansion rate thru bend).

Read King paper on TQWT before building, driver close to 50% of horn.

These are imposing cabinets, very technically advanced. The cherry veneer is furniture grade. The front verticals are routered and a single veneer section covers the front and both sides.
Due to the veneer they will not hold up in a garage. The veneer will swell and delaminate.
If someone can come pick them up they will get a very full range cabinet that is competitive with the high dollar commercial products.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.