GainWire Mk3 CFA pre/phone amp with very low distortion

Any duel executed?
No. I also have the original pcb, but in the end I built on the boards from @platon.rado, I always wanted a dual mono preamp. I already have Gainwire done, both pcb's worked on the first power up. I have yet to assemble the controller, switching on the front panel with the blue led. I am currently hesitating whether to buy a TKD 2CP-2511 potentiometer or a 48 stepeed atteunator ELMA. Input switcher will be from ELMA, I only need 2 inputs (DAC, Phono). I'm still thinking whether to invest in high quality cinch connectors (copper+gold) or just buy ordinary ones (brass+gold)

Attachments

• IMG_20240426_152157.jpg
    IMG_20240426_152157.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 42
My opinion is that digital potentiometers are not good enough, the GainWire mk3 preamp has much lower distortion, only passive resistors attenuators are good enough, even best dual potentiometers as Alps or other kind have to big differences between tracks.
I also ruled out digital volume control, I was deciding between the TKD potentiometer and the atteunator. In the end I leaned towards the attenuator from Khozmo (48 steps), ...which is on its way.

Attachments

• khozmo.jpg
    khozmo.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 16
  • khozmo-order.jpg
    khozmo-order.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 1 user