• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #10; Fo-Felix AC Filter

I had a horrible dream that I looked in a backpack of mine and it was full of unsent Fo-Felix's already packed ready to go. And I knew that all the $ for shipping had been used. :eek:

Weird dream to have after the fact. I believe everyone is receiving them or already has at this point.

I'm a Newby. I see that there are pads for two resistors that apparently shunt the CM coils, the third resistor just looks like a bleeder for the caps.

Is there a formula to calculate the value of these shunting resisor(s)? Or the reasoning to use one, both or none of these resistors? I scoured the site but didn't find an answer, yet I see photos with a resistor installed here, another left it off, etc. What's up with these resistors? Sorry if I missed something reading about this circuit.

I'm a Newby. I see that there are pads for two resistors that apparently shunt the CM coils, the third resistor just looks like a bleeder for the caps.

Is there a formula to calculate the value of these shunting resisor(s)? Or the reasoning to use one, both or none of these resistors? I scoured the site but didn't find an answer, yet I see photos with a resistor installed here, another left it off, etc. What's up with these resistors? Sorry if I missed something reading about this circuit.

All of that is provided when you get some PCBs.