Help diyAudio maintain its independence

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
After starting as a humble hobby forum in 1999, diyAudio has grown into a world-wide community of nearly 500,000 fanatical do-it-yourself audio enthusiasts. We are now running across 3 servers for performance and reliability and have the need to maintain security, stability and 24/7 access.

We implemented advertising 10 years ago to help pay for the running costs, and created the option to opt out of advertising with a small donation. We also made a conscious decision to make all the forum content available to everyone for free.

We have turned down offers from people who wanted to buy this site and milk it for ad revenue in favor of our low-key, non-commercial approach.

22 years later we are proud to be able to maintain that independence, and to offer high quality focused discussions to everyone for free if they wish it.

For those who support us financially we turn off ads, provide more message privileges, and enable custom titles. We now offer those generous folks a new cosmetic advantage in the ability to have a custom signature.

Everyone still sees the same discussions, and diyAudio will remain free and open for all.

We understand that everyone has different financial means and priorities. We appreciate your donations and support, and trust that those who want these added features will be willing to support us financially to help diyAudio remain independent and free for all.

Help diyAudio maintain its independence with a donation

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Call me a Fanatic.
Thanks!
Too many hoops to make a donation. I tried. They ask for info and I get red boxes. Also, why not have an "other" option

Need help.
I have a vision for a beautiful, informative, and function donation page and what we have now is not it. We had to really battle with the tools that we were allowed to use, and a decision was made to get by with what we can while we have to. Please expect this system work look better, work better, and be more instructive in the near future.

About the red boxes, can you please send a screenshot to contact@diyaudio.com and we'll look into the issue. If you're experiencing it, others might too.

What "other" option would you like to see Don?
Do you plan to implement PayPal?
I would love to help.
Yes, should already be there. Will investigate.
Do you accept BTC, ETH ? (No joke).
Not currently, but that's a good idea. If people want to donate, we should allow whatever methods are possible. Will investigate.

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Do you plan to implement PayPal?
I would love to help.
Hi Triodos. I'll setup PayPal - would you be willing please to help by testing it out. Please tell me the payment option you would have selected and I'll do that one first. If you would then try it out and let me know I'd be most grateful. Thanks. Also if you don't want to be the first thats okay too.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
@ Jason,

Well, my first thought is to allow any monthly or annual contribution or one time a person wants to make. My defaults are usually $20/month or $200/year or any amount on one time basis but a blank box with a cursor in it would fill a lot of needs.

Also, if NP wanted to donate some transistors, I would be happy to convert them to cash.:):):)

Thanks for all your work for the DIY community.

Don

I'm keen to debug this - can you screenshot those errors etc or guide me to where the problem is please? I do not get those. . . .
Sure, no problem I can help. At this moment I think the most secure option is to try make a small one time donation, let's say 5$ for a test.
Unfortunately the only one method is to provide a card and this is what I would love to avoid.
1639177940845.png

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sure, no problem I can help. At this moment I think the most secure option is to try make a small one time donation, let's say 5$ for a test.
Unfortunately the only one method is to provide a card and this is what I would love to avoid.
View attachment 1004068
So that's why you'd like PayPal? Can you try this link than? https://www.diyaudio.com/community/purchase/user_upgrade/?user_upgrade_id=7&payment_profile_id=2 please? It should take you to PayPal for a $5 one off donation

PayPal is a nice, easy way to make payments without sharing credit card details - if you want to make a payment without having a PayPal account you can do that too and I believe there is now some virtual currency support too. I just made a small donation but an annual membership option would be great.