Help with Marantz NR1604 Firmware

Joined 2018
Hi, messed up the firmware of my Marantz NR1604 while trying to connect with a Daphile server using DLNA (so kind of diy problem)

Problem is now all network sources have very low volume, googled some forums and its a commom problem for this receiver and only known solution is re loading the firmware.

Sounds easy but update through network doesen’t work (latest firmware already installed) and cannot find any source for downloading the file for manual instal. If Anyone can point me to a download page or has the file I would appreciate it.

...aparently the european Marantz support page has the files but its been offline at least since saturday so my guess its not active...

Thanks!

Joined 2018
Nop, apparently there are available in marantz Europe webpage but the link is not working at least last week, or maybe I cannot access from outside Europe, I’ll try a VPN on the weekend.

Customer Support

Nymeria

If you can get it let me know.

Thanks

Joined 2021
I am from Europe (Latvia), but I also fail to open this link. My friend in England tried, but also failed. I wrote marantz support, but they were not helpful and even didn't answer why their link didn't work and where to download the firmware.

Joined 2018
More or less the same they told me here, but said I could send the amp to them for revision, costo would be about half of what I payed for it last month...

Joined 2010
Yes the link isn't working.
Have You checked in the manual if there is a master reset function like pressing some keys while powering on ?

Joined 2018
Thanks for the feedback, yes, already tried the reset procedure. Got the number of an ex-Marantz technician, I’ll see what he tells me.

Joined 2021
Hi, i'm having the same issue. I used Audirvana Studio and the volume is very low for 44.100hz files, files in other sample rate sounds at normal volume.
Anyone find the firmware? Thanks.

Joined 2021
Hi,
Yes, I managed to find firmware and it solved the volume problem.
I have the same problem, do you still have the firmware?
I would be very happy if you could upload it somewhere, Marantz is not willing to give me the firmware and is totally ignoring that this is a known issue.

Joined 2021
I have the same problem, do you still have the firmware?
I would be very happy if you could upload it somewhere, Marantz is not willing to give me the firmware and is totally ignoring that this is a known issue.
Please send me your email

Joined 2022
I have the same problem.... :( after using an app few months ago (not remember if it was Bubblepnp or Hifi Cast) the volume on my NR1604 is very low on all network sources. Only way to have the real volume is to connect physically a source with cables, like a CD player. Please send me a PM if you can help!!

Last edited:
Joined 2021
Well, I made sure several times, when using buble pnp volume buttons, my marantz firmware tends to hang. Only reinstalling the firmware helps. If you need Marantz NR1604 firmware, PM me your email. Sometimes I look here...

Joined 2023
I have the same problem with the NR1604 low volume when streaming. Work okay before but when I streamed via microsoft windows cast volume level suddenly dropped and can't get it back to normal. So worth a try to re-install the firmware. Please drop me a message or point me to a location where I can download the firmware for the NR1604. Help is much appreciated.