I am just too lazy!

Joined 2023
Paid Member
OMG I have so much crap in boxes. Projects, projects, dreams and failures and more projects..
somehow never the exact part.. hello Mouser. Goodbye $$.
I cannot live long enough to use or learn how to use it all up!!
oh well. better to join up here and learn and see what others actually accomplish :)
43 Years as a Tech. About 35 of those years suxed, lol. Should have stayed in the New England area,

73's AE5ZN

Joined 2023
Paid Member
In the North Dallas, TX area. Which I no longer care much for.
It is all on me, for not moving back, or somewhere else, including now.

I loved my Job at Microwave associates. I had a fantastic Work daddy - mentor. The parts room was open to me. I could fill out a purchase req for most anything under about $100. Heck I still have some custom Bourns Pots from those days, for a Pre-Amp. That breadboard was like, 2' x 2' square lol!!! (all dead-bug style)
Spent way to much time after work hours and weekends breadboarding RF and Audio power amps.
Eventually some of it paid off so to say, with derivations of Switching power supplies that we put into our product.
The then new, IR HexFets saved the day!

But, the cost of living - poorly - and the weather - originally from Fla. and Ky.
I still miss that job and the people there.
Of course as things go, it was not many years later that the division (Microwave TV ENG) went to nowhere land

After moving here to work in the Power supply industry (soul sucking and did not last long), I lost my way, so to speak, and well, h*ll. here I am some 43 years
dumber for it, LOL. its ok, who knows it could have been worse. I have a freindly job repairing Fiber Optic Telecomm Muxes. A first for me. Did spend a number of years at Nokia, NEC and Ericcson.
One of my projects with a good start is a 600W RF Amp. I only recently discovered enclosures on Aliexpress (one on the way), so im thinkig of completing that. I have the Amp and PS built. They work. I have two PCB's and the parts to complete stuffing.

My Ebay HP Spectrum Analyzer died tho. And I could really use some more test equipment. Im now only left with a modern chinese scope, several (good) audio/wavefrom Gens., RF generator, etc. I really messed up selling an HP Distortion Analyzer!!!!! like I aid, I lost my way in the world. haha,
eventualy I will be on the hunt for some test equipment.

My main interest is Tube and SS Guitar amps. If I had another table saw, could add Speakers to the list. I messed up and sod a dam good TS and bought machine shop tools. I should sell/trade my Lathe for a TS. I have to much crap that just really does not fit. Ask your Doctor, its called OCD,etc mebbe Bipolar.

Wait did someone say Bipolar!! ?? I have a few 2N5884 and 2N5886 ready to work!! :) and OMG those great DH11, 44 and 45's etc. am i right ?

Joined 2023
Paid Member
I also have a great advantage over some people here.
My ears cannot hear frequencies much over about 12Khz. lol.
Though do have that constant ringing multi? tone in my ears at all times however. haha.
So I cannot join some of the Hi-FI Meow wars ;)

I've got the feels for you. I've always hated the DFW area. The city's laid out like a damned knotted shoelace. I did the So-Cal thing in San Diego for a few years,did a year at Sony, and then two more installing solar panels from San Ysidro to Valancia, had great weather, but it got pretty damned boring since it never changed. Coming back to Oklahoma was a much needed relief, that is until the great left coast migration that started a couple of years ago. Drying up employment and housing opportunities. My little sleepy town has quickly and quietly outgrown itself.

Don't let your hearing deficits dissuade you from your pursuit of great audio. None but you can determine what sounds good to you. This is what DIY is all about.

Also, keep an eye on the Members Swapmeet area of the forum for filling your benchtop back out. Great equipment is always passing hands here.

Joined 2023
Paid Member
Thanks!
A bit has happened since i got on here.
I am reorganizing my life!
Bought new stereo equipment and a tv, lol.
An unloved Kenwood amp, Dual 1229 TT.
Bob Cordell’s book. GF bought me one of D. Self’s books.
Organizing piles of parts..
IMG_3555.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user