I need 365v to power a light board?How can i get that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
i have a lamp that i wanted to use with my diy projector but to light up that lamp i need a power suply.
Well i asked around and one lamp PRO told me that i need 365v stailized to the light board and then the lamp will light up.
I'd like to know if will be very hard to do that.. because my knowledge in eletronic is basicly 0 :xeye:
Theres any transformer or something that can give me 365v stabilized and it's not danger neither big big big?

Heres is a picture of the board.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here is a picture of the lamp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Let me know whats my chances of sucess powering this lamp.

design a power suply board i guess it's out of idea because i don't know nothing about it and wil probably ended been danger due to the high voltage..

Thanks for your help

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Why can't you use the existing PSU? Where did the assembly come from?

Those types of lamp need a high strike voltage, probably about 4KV, then as you say, about 350 VDC. Unless you get the specific supply for that lamp type then it will quickly kill lamps and may kill you.

the PSU is very big and i don't know why it stoped working.. i mean.. it was from a comercial projector and the projector was working but with problems with the lcds, so i opened it to get the light. the objective and the fans, but now i can't use the PSU board.. it don't light up the lamp.. neither the fans that is only 12v...

in the board theres a sticker that says 12.5kv <-----> 12.5kv and then 25kv under.
the 365v was a man from a lamp factory that told me.

I already heard more than 3 guys refering the danger of the high voltage so i guess i'll just give up about the lamp and sell it. i don't want to die so young

:xeye:

now that you say that i remember about a little switch that i never understand what for it was.. but it was connected to other board and not the power suply board.. do you think that the power suply board only work when connected to a 2nd board and that board is the one with the safety interlock?

ok
i'll try first with the fans only. this way theres no problems, right?
this is what i'll do:

I have the psu board where the lcd, lightboard, fans and all other boards on the projector used to be connected.

I have everything disconnected and now i'll connect only the fans..and the 2nd board where the switch was plugged and then put the switch on the correct position and click on the original power button.. even doing it this way theres all that danger?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.