I put together a simple 3-way crossover diagram and I have some doubts about it

I can't find the value of the 112.03uf capacitor, even rounding it to 112uf

As Osvaldo indicates, wiring capacitors in parallel (side by side) gives an overall capacitance that is the sum of the individual capacitances.

That is High School Physics. You will find the following rules for combining components useful as you continue your studies:

1716479263302.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
even rounding it to 112uf

Rounding is perfectly permissible. A calculator gives the theoretical value of a crossover component.

In practice you would select the standard value nearest to the theoretical value (see Netlist's link in post #63).

Sometimes, to achieve an awkward value of C, R or L, you have to combine standard values as indicated in post #64.

Last edited:
Have you tried using Xsim - the links to the software, driver FRD and ZMA files and video tutorial have been provided.

I'm rather 'challenged' when it comes to software but I found Xsim reasonably easy to learn to use. I used Dayton drivers in the link as they give you some files you need to get started.

Without in box measurements, it won't give accurate results, but you can very quickly see the effect of different parts values on frequency response and impedance.

It would help us to help you if you could tell us which drivers you're looking at. Sometimes, that data and a sim won't reveal everything about a driver, such as distortion.

Geoff

Last edited: