IR/UV Filter (Hot Mirror), Large improvement over Lexan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you want something that doesn't absorb as much visible light as lexan does? Or maybe just something that blocks out more of the harmful infared and ultraviolet light, I wanted more...

And I just recieved 10 uv/ir colour filters. I am using one of them so I have 9 left over.

They are 4"x4" square pieces of glass. If you would like one email me at graham@whatmough.Ca. I can sell them for $50CAD + whatever shipping to you cost. I may get more of these for you if there is a good response to these. I will post a full spec sheet once I get it from the supplier, it should be within the next day.

Here is a link of a similar item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/77mm-IR-UV-bloc...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

specs

Here are the specs I promised. As you can see this filters out most harmful light and passes approximately 90% of the visible light.

Attachments

• ir uv.jpg
    ir uv.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 466
Hey

I have been busy converting my diy projector from front projection into a 60" rear projection. My image was flipped left to right so this will solve that problem. It should also make it about 3-4 times as bright since it will be smaller.

A few people have contacted me about the UV/IR Filters so I bought some more. I bought a few more this time so I was able to get a discounted rate. If you would like to get one of them I can sell them to you for $35 CAD ($30USD). Thanks for the interest.

Hey

I just got the fabric I needed to make the rear projection screen. I just need to go and get some pine 1x4 to make the frame now. I am going to put my projector in a closet and have the screen hanging from the ceiling about 3ft from the projector. I should have it all done by the weekend and I will put some pictures up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.