Is there any other know use of Vbe multipliers... other then Vbe multipliers?

Anyone with a bizarre, unknown, corrupted, misused, failing, whatever application of this circuit (or a 'Vgs-multiplier'), high frequency related, oscillator or modulated contraption, or whatsoever unthinkable of, I would like to know what is in the sleeves of you electronic designers garments and knowledge.
But please I beg, no explanations of how those circuits operate or what there used for. Just the circuits. Nothing more
This is part three and will be wrapped up at the closing of '23.
The former two went beserk (link,link,).

The circuit of the "Vbe" multiplier also works as an impedance multiplier of re,
or re+Re, or re+Ze, where Ze will be a complex combination of R, L, C. -whatever
is connected between Em. lead and the lower resistor in the base divider.
The multiplier is the same as for the voltage.

Yes, just to know my application has not been covered in the past or is still valid in the present.
It does not exist, or is not to be found. Not on the net, not in the libraries. Nowhere.
So given all the responses sofar, I'm pretty safe to have my application 'claim free'.
Thanks for the provided bandgap pdf. Always nice reading into those electronic depths.
pm

The first attach depicts inclusion of Re for (re+Re) multiplication.
Or any other combination of R, C, L to be amplified (as will be seen between output leads).
The second attach shows one of the methods to allow for the manipulation of the bias to
achieve Sliding bias cl.A, or Non-switching cl.AB...

Attachments

• Impedance multiplier.png
    Impedance multiplier.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Sliding cl.A_Non-switch. cl.AB.png
    Sliding cl.A_Non-switch. cl.AB.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 69
Yes, just to know my application has not been covered in the past or is still valid in the present.
It does not exist, or is not to be found. Not on the net, not in the libraries. Nowhere.

Most patent lawyers would be afraid that you unintendedly give away clues what your invention is. I don't think you have done so, though.

So given all the responses sofar, I'm pretty safe to have my application 'claim free'.
Thanks for the provided bandgap pdf. Always nice reading into those electronic depths.
pm

Have you seen the last post of your VGS multiplier thread? Andersonix did find a commercial circuit using it.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/vbe-vgs-multiplyer-with-mosfets.406414/post-7531875

I haven't read the patent, I only looked at the schematic. It looks like a variant of the voltage mirror, where you would use a stack of n diode-connected transistors (and a resistor with value nRE if the common-emitter stage has an emitter degeneration resistor with value RE) if you want a gain of -n.

A voltage mirror works well as long as the load impedance is much higher than the impedance of the stack of diode-connected transistors (and resistor, if applicable). Too low load impedances disturb the distortion compensation.

In this variant, the voltage divider of the VBE multiplier will already disturb the distortion compensation. Maybe you can correct for it to some extent by using unequal voltages across the emitter resistors.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The first attach depicts inclusion of Re for (re+Re) multiplication.
Or any other combination of R, C, L to be amplified (as will be seen between output leads).
The second attach shows one of the methods to allow for the manipulation of the bias to
achieve Sliding bias cl.A, or Non-switching cl.AB...
That second circuit is a form of positive feedback.
I would be very wary to use that; if it isn't exactly right it either doesn't work or, worse, will runaway and release the magic smoke.

Jan

I've sorted that out already. A publication (book) is the best option. Looking for a publisher now.
Yes I saw Andersonix' post.

You mean you don't want a patent, but want to make sure no-one else can patent it either? After publishing, it is in principle part of the state of the art and no longer patentable, although there are apparently some temporary exceptions to that for the person who wrote the publication.