Jimmy Buffett

He loved his Cavaliers too, I have 2 of them.
Wonderful dogs. Such a well mannered and handsome animal. I hope yours are tri-colours Mike. The only reason I say that is that is our Klienspitz was a tri-colour, and since he only left us a month ago, the feelings are still so strong.
I think Jimmy would approve. I think he'd also like to see pics of yours. Please feel free. The purpose of this thread is to share Jimmy things.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member

To say Margaritaville is not a nice place to be means you are many species removed from a Parrothead.
I feel for you.

Cal

You are twisting my words: the song is very nice indeed, but the lyrics are depressing. It's about a guy sitting around getting drunk because of women issues.

But no, I'm a West Coast kind of guy... not a parrot head. In '74 I was listening to Cecilio and Kapono, Elton John, Mountain and America.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I tell you how I met Jimmy Bufffett?

I was a 9yo kid who had recently obtained an actual cassette player for himself, the year was pbly 81/82, and boy did I go looking for cassettes.

Somewhere in my search I found one laying on the backseat floorboard of mom's Toyota Corolla... SR5. yeah, SR5. Metallic blue.

I still remember it this day.... Jimmy Buffett, A1A... I had no idea but played it anyway.

Now, mind you.... I'm born/raised Tampa, FL, he's a regional act! He's ours. When I was a kid, summer vacations were a trip to the Keys, lobster season and whatnot. Who was I to even decide, or identify.... was just a kid.

Somewhere along the way though, he'd spread his wings to everyone, the world over. Spreading that little piece of... contentment, consternation.

I'm happy to say that I did get to see him 3 times live. And that I know every single word from that A1A album, still today.

Oh monte, monte monte... I am walking down your hall....

Reactions: 1 user
Nice story.
I admit I wasn't attached to every Jimmy song.
His C & W days both early and late in career were not chart toppers with me but the 259 songs of his I have are all pretty much:
"Songs I Know By Heart"

I'm definitely the c/w guy, but i totally get why people like the fun-loving stuff too. Because it's fun!

There's an inaccuracy in my previous post.. I've actually seen him 4x, I forgot the first. It was a Bill Clinton presidential rally in Tampa, summer '92... It was a packed set! Stephen Stills 'opened' with an acoustic act that was... of course Southern Cross and another number that escapes memory. Right after JB walked up and did the same with 'a pirate' and of course margaritaville. The sound was perfect, everyone had a good time.

I gotta tell ya.... seeing Stephen Stills and Jimmy Buffett within 2 minutes of each other was a real appreciation of the 'guitar crooner'.

It made a big impression on me and I quickly went out a purchased the best acoustic guitar I could afford.