John Busch R.I.P.

RIP John. LSAF won't ever be the same without you. My fondest memory was entering John's room at LSAF one year and he was playing a bookshelf speaker. I said aloud "Wait - this can't be a John Busch room. There are no 18" woofers!" His beautiful wife cracked up laughing. She knew what John was about.

Reactions: 2 users
There were a few years he showed up with traditional box speakers. Folks would stick their heads into the room, see the boxes and generally say WTF? His box designs were quite nice sounding ... but everyone gave him a hard time about them. It was very funny.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh, no.... another great mind in audio passed. So sad!
I will miss his humanity, educational and wise posts. Mr. John Bush was great inspiration for all diy community.
I never have a opportunity to build Manzanita, but read thread in everyday manner, just for his and Pano's posts, recommendation, suggestion...

Rest in peace, Mr. John Bush!

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
That allowed him to build some amazing speakers. I've never met anyone who built better passive crossovers. He taught me a lot.
Thanks for adding that. I didn't know him but I must have been benefiting from his teaching when you helped me so much with my own crossovers back when. The influence of a generous person often goes unnoticed as attention shifts to the person they taught. Your reminder opens up my perspective / makes me appreciate all those really great people out there I've never met but who added to my life. No BS. . Thank you.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Those of us that got to the Lone Star Audio Fest were able to hear a lot of John's creations.

There's a thread of the speakers he brought to the Lone Star fest on audioroundtable.com. It's worth checking out just to get an idea of how much time and effort he put into his designs. He always had one of the best sounding rooms in the show.

https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=23448&start=0&

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users