LCD panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here it is. Note the short flat cable on the lower left. The connector is a 20 pin subminiature that flips up. This prevents the boards being relocated out of the way so you can remove the backlight and replace it with an OHP. It would be nice if we had a source for extension cables, but I am sure if they were available someone would have posted it by now. If I can find the female connector, I may make an attempt to create my own.

It is now back together and working fine. I didn't look at the pictures until after it was back together, so I apologize for the quality and the shadow of my head and the camera.

Regards,
BigTinker

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 647
Has anyone used the Kogi GVision L5QX 15" LCD Monitor in a DIY setup yet? The model has been on the market at least six months and is generally around $250 or so (plus a $50 rebate!). Specs read out pretty well, but will most OHP fresnels handle the size?

Kogi GVision L5QX
15" TFT active matrix LCD
1024 x 768 native res
250 cd/m2 brightness
350:1 contrast
0.297 mm dot pitch (some dealers say 0.28, but the manufacturer's specs out squat -- http://www.4kogi.com)
140 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles
Antiglare coating
15-pin VGA input only

I read about the rewiring hassles associated with its 14" L4BX sibling and was wondering if it had the same problems. A search on the model number brought up zero information.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Infocus 1600LC

Hello all...
yesterday i borrow an old lcd panel from school...
What a pitty i didnt find any results / tests on this panel..
so i'll make a review..

Name : Infocus 1600LC Panel
Year : 1993
Colors: 16 (Bad ! 2 Color Layers Green/Red)
Res. : 640x480 / 800x600
Inputs : special Cable / VGA /Mac on Cable

So.. the 16 colors really sucks.. thats bad..
It's impossible to watch a movie without getting eye-cancer
:dead: ..
The reaction time is very fast.. one positive point but all in one the
panel is :
- very dark
- bad colors (yeah mixed red/green colors...)
+ points:
- up to 800x600
- fast reaction

but all in one not usefull for a DIY projector project..
I hope i could help...

Greetings
Bernhard

vassarguy: you mean the Super Kit SK-2005R?

I sent a mail to earthlcd
>Hi,
>
>just a question concerning your lcd super kit SK-2005R:
>is it possible to separate the lcd modul from the controller?

...and they anserwed:
No, because of the connectors used and direct mating, why would you it does
not make the lcd any thinner to do so.

So it's not possible :(

For the specs of the NEC panel follow the link on their site.

cu

The center pin in the power outlet is positive. 1.5 volts/1500 miliamps should do the trick. These panels are pretty versatile as far as power input. Search your house for a dc adaptor with those specs. Unlike the viewframe series, the z series function are all controlled through the lcd display. No remote need for functionality. I believe the back of the nviews tell you the power ratings as well. I used to get matching power supplies from an electronics parts store for $20.

woops... I must be getting old. Your panel is not 1.5 volts... its 12 volts 2.9 amps... my post from back in the day.

Sorry, this post is a little late , but i figure it may help someone. I just got an nview z series manual. What is says, is that the difference between the z110 and the z115 is only a composite/s-video add on card. The z110 can be upgraded with the option (though nview is out of business, if one were to come across a z115 with a dead lcd and had a z110, they could put the video card add on from the z115 in the z110 . The same is with the nview z210 Vs. the z215. What is the difference between the z11X an and the z21X panels? the z11X is 1.2 million colors, while the z21X is 16.7 million colors. Both panels are VGA (640x480) resolution. If anyone needs the manual, I would be glad to scan it . Hell, I even have an unfilled out nview registration card . On another note, these panels use regular barral style power jacks that are 12 volts 2.9 amps (and the inside of the jack is positive). The Z3XX panels use a different type of power jack that is hard to come by, so if you see a z3XX series panel with no power cord, and your not savy with a volt meter and soldering iron, do not buy it

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14392&highlight=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.