LM1875 XY board

First post to the forum...

I recently purchased a few of the LM1875 XY boards from Ali Express, but there was no schematic included to compare with the data sheets for the chips, and as a relative newbie to DIY Amplifiers and I am confused by a few items.

I was initially confused by J3, but after a few hrs of research online, I found some photos of a KBL04 bridge rectifier in its place. I was also confused by C1 and C4, as there were numerous holes supplied and it only called for a 1uf capacitor. I have since realized that the extra holes were to be able to choose different sized capacitors perhaps?

Anyway, after scouring some threads, it appears that there are some issues with the power supply being inadequate... So I was wondering if anyone has used these boards to build either a LM1875 or TD 2030/2050 "decent" sounding amplifier, if they wouldn't mind sharing their build ideas or links to threads that I can explore, or any other recommendations before I start soldering... I'm basically just looking to build a decent sounding power amp to power some YAMAHA S115V PA speakers that I had laying around....

Thanks in advance!

XY LM1875 board.png
LM1875.jpg

With due respect, as an inexperienced new builder you should not have bought "bare boards" with NO data at all accompanying them. I bet they were the cheapest on the market but that is false economy if later you have build problems. I would leave them aside for a future project (you are not junking or wasting them) and order not boards but a kit or at least boards with schematic and build data.
Or find a similar Chipamp project here in DIYAudio and buy exact same boards they used.
So far you have invested very little.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your feedback JM! - and you are correct - they are probably the cheapest on the market so I am out a whole $2 each with shipping - worse case scenario, OR a half day's work. I have seen them on several different sites, so I assume that SOMEONE has used them successfully.

I stated that I am a newbie, but I'm not a total beginner. I have put together several amplifier circuits over the past two years on both soldered and solderless breadboards as well as PCB's and have been able to successfully troubleshoot them with an audio probe when they do not work as expected. That being said, I am not an engineer, so I can not design an op amp circuit from scratch, save for maybe one using an LM386, nor do I understand the purpose of every component in the schematic of every board that I have built, but I would like to think that I am not limited to only "kits" at this point. That being said, not having a schematic makes this a bit more challenging. I thought the boards would include one, but worth the financial risk if they didn't.

So, as I stated in the OP, I am looking for anyone that has successfully used this PCB and if they have any recommendations - OR can point me to a thread that contains some.

In the meantime, I will try to trace the layout of this board to come up with a schematic to compare with datasheet schematics AND comb through this forum more to see if anyone has used this board or has a link to another PCB that I can purchase using a TDA 2030 / TDA 2050.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Adason, just what I was looking for.... Any specific recommendation for the Bridge Rectifier? No model number is printed on the board other than "4A/600 V"

I saw a couple different options in photos online, although some look like they are only available from China.