LSA Signature 60 (AMT edition)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have started on the development of a variation of the well-liked (and well reviewed) LSA Signature 50 speaker. It will have an AMT tweeter and an all new crossover and will be called the Signature 60.

Preliminary results are very promising.
121550F3-5F23-47A5-907D-F6EE504009BB.jpeg

Predicted response (blue) vs measured (yellow) response for the crossover. The crossover is my own passive (inverted) quasi-transient perfect Harsch. The hand drawn thick blue line is the tilt of the Harman House Curve” to give a slight down tilt of the response to eliminate listening fatigue. Crossover frequency is near 5.5kHz. I am listening to it and still voicing it. Sound is wonderful. Superb drum kit realism. Vocals midrange are to die for:
6D1B9A90-3AEA-4EEB-8FF3-9B659948CEAD.jpeg

Measured Step Response:
D43E81A1-C199-433E-A8D0-D7601C75BF0C.png

Reactions: 2 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Playing in stereo. Signal Chain: SMSL Su-9n DAC, LSA HyperDrive-2 preamp, XSA Labs A40 Class A amplifier, prototype LSA Signature 60 speakers with rev01a crossover - 5.5kHz inverted passive Harsch. The smaller rosewood cabinets with only left channel are the prototypes for the LSA Signature 100’s also under development. Song clip is Sonnet 73 (Shakespeare) by Natalie Merchant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just realized the Martin Logan Vision X sound bar I am using while doing our remodel and will continue to use for background sound once I have the real system in place uses the same AMT tweeters as this version of your speakers, I really like them. It has 3 tweeters and four 4" woofers and sounds dang good for a $225 craigslist buy:)

Great to those tweeters in one of your designs, helps make me understand why I like the soundbar so much.

I like the work you do, great gear for great prices!