Mach 1 Frankenstien PA cab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a pair of Realistic Mach 1 speakers that I would like to convert to P.A cabinets. My thought is to eliminate the L pad (I think that's what it's called) and use the 15 inch speaker in a (hopefully) simple 2 way horn and speaker enclosure. To keep things simple and cheap. I need to know what kind of driver to use for the horn and a suitable crossover between the 2 speakers. This is the start up rig for an acoustic coffee house trio with a micro budget.

Hello,

I have a pair of Realistic Mach 1 speakers that I would like to convert to P.A cabinets. My thought is to eliminate the L pad (I think that's what it's called) and use the 15 inch speaker in a (hopefully) simple 2 way horn and speaker enclosure. To keep things simple and cheap. I need to know what kind of driver to use for the horn and a suitable crossover between the 2 speakers. This is the start up rig for an acoustic coffee house trio with a micro budget.

The Mach I should do fine stock for small PA system. The woofer is actually a 14" and they use a tweeter for a 3-way. Eliminating the Lpad and tweeter, building another crossover, and putting them in another box with a different compression driver does not make much $ense to me.

Recycle the box

Thanks for the response, I would keep the box, bypass the L pad and adapt an appropriate driver. Only 1 of the two speakers has the mid-range driver intact so rather than trying to find the exact match (Ebay?) I just want to convert the existing cabinets to a 2 way set up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.