• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Michelson & Austin TVA-1 how to Change Output transformer from 8 to 4ohm

here the schematic for 8ohm.....

Attachments

• TVA1 Schaltung.jpg
    TVA1 Schaltung.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 85
That is a very confusing schematic. I think the two output windings are actually 0-4-8 (but labelled upside down) and 0-4 (not 0-16). When you connect the the 2 0-4 windings in series (no connection to the 8 ohm tap) you get 16 ohms as impendance goes with the square of the turns. When you connect the 2 0-4 ohm windings in parallel you get 4 ohms, with the option to get 8 ohms from the 8 ohm tap.

So if you label the schematic outputs from 1 to 5, bottom to top:
16 ohms - connect 2 to earth, connect 3 to 4, connect 5 to speaker out
8 ohms - connect 1 to earth, connect 2 to 4, connect 3 to 5, connect 3 and 5 to speaker out (as drawn)
4 ohms - connect 2 to earth, connect 2 to 4, connect 3 to 5, connect 3 and 5 to speaker out.

But I could be completely wrong...

Firstly I think the diagram in post 13 (and hence my sketch) is wrong. I think the japanese transformer is different from yours (opposite). Yours is like the one on the german site. It seems earth is on the top right (can you confirm?), so top to bottom is 0 4 8 0 16. To change to 4 ohm you would connect the top two terminals together ("0" and "4") and connect the feedback wire (the pink wire??) to the speaker out ("8" and "16" which are connected together). But I'm not 100% sure.