Missing 10k resistors. 1/4 watt? 1/2 watt? Other?

My kit arrived missing two 10K resistors.
Store not responding to my emails.
What is the value of the 10k resistor used in the amp camp amp 1.8 kit?
1/4 watt? 1/2 watt? Other?
Will the store send me the missing parts or must I purchase them?
Please help.
Thanks
Michael

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Michael,

I looked up your diyAudio email address and then searched for that in the helpdesk history, and we haven't received any emails from that address, and it's not on any order in the store either. Can you please start a conversation with the @Helpdesk user on diyAudio and we will work out where your email has gone.

You should find a paper insert in your ACA kit explaining the kit contents, and noting that in V1.8 there are two less 10K resistors and two more 33.2K resistors. This is to give the LED a better brightness than the original 10K resistors, as the included LEDs are very efficient. Please let us know if you didn't receive that insert. This is also covered in the ACAV1.8 change information build guide notes.

Anyway, please buzz @Helpdesk and let's find out where your emails are going.

EDIT: Michael, I found your helpdesk emails under a different email address, sent to us around 19 hours ago. We replied to you at that email address 16 hours ago, so please check your spam folder in case our reply went to spam or got filtered to a folder that isn't your inbox.

Two new questions please.
Finished the v1.8 build

1. One LED appears to be slightly dimmer than the other. Both are fully inserted into the faceplate. Mismatched resistor?

2. The v1.18 amp does not have the same power-up noise that the v1.16 has. Is this a feature of the updated resistor compliment?

Thanks again for the consideration of my questions.
Respectfully yours,
Michael

One more question please.

Does the v1.18 ACA run hotter as a bridged mono block as compared with stand alone stereo?

Placing a inexpensive outdoor digital thermometer sensor on the top of the case, for the v1.18 I'm seeing a temperature of around 122 degrees. And for the v1.16 a temperature of around 114 degrees.

When I use the v1.18 alone in stereo mode, the temperature is noticeably lower to the touch.

Thanks again.
Yours,
Michael