Need advice on standalone SD card player idea

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so i appologize in advance if this not the right place to post !
So for a sound installation i have to come up with an "autonomous" sound player. The idea is that when people will come in front of the installation, the music will need to start, either by pushing a button or by detecting their presence, and then stop when no one is around/loop if people are still around at the end of track. Here are some more infos :

- The hardware will be hidden inside the installation.
- It will be a "permanent' instal so it needs to be reliable in the long run.
- It should play .wav from an SD card.
- It should have two powered speakers.
- It should be started easily, by anyone, by just pressing an ON switch and the whole system must be ready.

Is there a solution on the market that i'm not aware off that would fit my needs ? Or do i need to do it myself with circuit boards such as those ones : https://www.amazon.fr/Récepteur-damplificateur-puissance-numérique-Bluetooth/dp/B075N8F4YD

I'd take any kind of help, thanks for your time !

1708103545058.png

Look for FM radio module...they have player built in.

$5 and up with remote here in India...

No OS, plays MP3 only, no others like FLAC or Ogg Vorbis, they do play .wav files... module needs 5V 50 mA supply...battery charger from old cell phone is good enough.

Or build one, the FM module (with Bluetooth, SD and USB player, and external input) included, costs like $1.50 here, and you can add amplifier.
Be creative, here some are built into portable fan / light...same battery!

Attachments

• 1708102463710.png
    1708102463710.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1708104227007.png
    1708104227007.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
- The hardware will be hidden inside the installation.
- It will be a "permanent' instal so it needs to be reliable in the long run.
- It should play .wav from an SD card.
- It should have two powered speakers.
- It should be started easily, by anyone, by just pressing an ON switch and the whole system must be ready.
Someone's probably done something just like this with a Teensy (Arduino-like microcontroller board). Microcontrollers are more reliable than anything with an O.S., far less to go wrong.
My take on wav playing on Teensy 4: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/my-attempt-at-a-multirate-wav-file-player.68708/

Reactions: 1 user