need OHP optics in layman's terms!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've read boo-koos of technical data sheets on lenses. I'm trying to all optics myself (no plug an play lenses). But when it comes to focal lengths and throw distances, I understand what they mean, and it make sense. Just what do you have to do to assure correct focus of image on the wall? Image size for given projector distance? If i can understand the mechanics behind it, then numbers are easy. You just cant get someone to explain it in simple (dummy) terms. Any optic pros out there?

MotoMan_Yz400 said:
Just what do you have to do to assure correct focus of image on the wall? Image size for given projector distance?
The easiest way to assure correct focus is to use a focal length calculator like the one here.
http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7912
This will give you a visual representation of the system as a whole and make it easier to understand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.