Next Gen Amplifier from Aussieamplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone

I will be very soon releasing a new amplifier.
Here are the features of this new design

Fully Symmetrical Double Differential Input Stage
All Hexfet Differential Input Stage
Fully Symmetrical Topology
Bipolar VAS HEXFET Cascoded Driver Stage
4 x Single or Dual Die Lateral MOSFET O/P Stage
HEXFET Constant Current Sources
700Khz Power Bandwidth
Very low Noise and Distortion
Compact PCB measures only 100mm x 50mm

Specifications
150 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms
280 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 10hz to 700khz -3dB
SNR and Distortion: To Be Announced
With Dual Die Mosfets Power output can be increased to about double
The quoted power.

I'm using www.b-one.net Excellent "product" for 1.5 USD a month and 500 MB

A hint: Avoid writing your email address correctly => spam.

Hint 2: Use one unique email address for your webpages which you can change easily and use an another for normal correspondence.

Hint 3: If you of some reason must write your email don't use the @ but a (at) instead. You can also misspell the address a bit like user@domain_remove_this_.com

How a HEXFET thing could be called symmetrical? N-ch and P-ch MOSFETs are anything but symmetrical.

Also, which are the advantages of MOSFET current sources? I'ts a well known fact that MOSFETs suffer from higher cpacitances than bipolar devices, that become extremely non-linear when Vds is below 20V to make things worse.

Oh, that's the point of view of somebody that is tired of dealing with HEXFETs in switching circuits everyday :)

Adding output cpacitance to them is a very common practice in order to linearize the otherwise nearly exponential turn-on and turn-off transitions due to the extreme non-linearity of these switching devices.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The AV100: Compact All Hexfet Power MOSFET Module.

This amplifier is the first from aussieamplifiers
that has Hexfets in all of the gain stages of the amplifier.

And it has N and P Channel output stage.

Not one Bipolar to be seen.

The prototype sounds absolutely liquid in the mid- range
and the bass response from 1 pair of output devices is amazing,
very tight and incredibly musical.
Link: http://www.aussieamplifiers.com/av100.htm

I have always thought that FETs are good for voltage amplification.
And bipolar makes better for amplify current.

But truth is not always simple. ( as I like to believe it is )
There are surely ways to use either FETs or BJTs for whatever purpose.

Hello Tasmanian Tiger

Hi Anthony E. Holton,

Congratulations on your New Creation of Symmetrical Balanced Mosfet amp....This would be a great contribution to DIY forum and I really believe that all members would appriciate your work,...Keep it up........we all are waiting to taste your recipe of new amp......;)

Cheers mate,
K a n w a r

I think you have Listened only to Bipolars...and Mosfet amps...but Lateral Mosfet amps....Not vertical Mosfet amps.....

You are 100% correct!

This is why I am looking forward to purchasing several boards and giving them both an honest listen and a performance check.
I am looking at this with both eyes wide open.

Eva said:
Oh, that's the point of view of somebody that is tired of dealing with HEXFETs in switching circuits everyday :)

Adding output cpacitance to them is a very common practice in order to linearize the otherwise nearly exponential turn-on and turn-off transitions due to the extreme non-linearity of these switching devices.

I hear you. I've got much much too much up close experience with HEXFETs, IR, and their founders...ooops is this thing on?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.