No output from an HK Audio Lucas Nano 300

Lucas NANO

I have a service manual, but at 7MB it exceeds the limit. PM me

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I also have a Nano 300 that doesn’t want to come out of protecting mode at startup.
Seems to be an epidemic failure…
Could you please send me the schematics at hans.grobben@ziggo.nl
If you have experience with this error I’d appreciate it if you have a suggestion where to look.
Thanks in advance and a happy new year !

Hello everyone ,
I am with a HKAUDio nano 300, broken down
I came across a fault when hot, the speaker starts emitting very random big boom booms, after some research, I replaced the TOP262LN power supply IC, it seems to be back in order after prolonged listening, but it gives me remains a small problem.
when switched off and switched on it emits an unpleasant plop, it would seem from your comments to look around the 555, could you help me out with the diagram
already repaired a speaker with the power supply fault, the two IRF woofer amps were out of order and had to be replaced with the LM 5106
my email daveland77@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hi Kevin,
I also have a Nano 300 that doesn’t want to come out of protecting mode at startup.
Seems to be an epidemic failure…
Could you please send me the schematics at hans.grobben@ziggo.nl
If you have experience with this error I’d appreciate it if you have a suggestion where to look.
Thanks in advance and a happy new year !
Hi Kevin,

Can you please send me the service manual for Lucas Nano 300? raj81123@gmail.com
Thanks

Hi All,
Wonder if anyone can help.
I have a Lucas Nano 300 which I use for small DJ gigs - I connect the two satellite speakers via jack leads to the satellite output and connect my laptop via a mini jack to rca lead to the 3rd channel.
All has been great but at the last couple of gigs, the system cuts out briefly - the power light goes from green to red and then after a couple of seconds it starts up again - not great when you are playing tunes! It can happen after playing for around 20 minutes or sometimes longer - it will do it a few times and then may carry on for another 40 minutes or so and then do it again!
I wondered if the sound limiter is at fault because I am only playing at around 40% of the volume so it shouldn't kick in.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Andy

Hi all,

a friend of mine has the same problems as described by Andy D.
Luckily I have a same set in working condition.
What I did so far, is that I unscrewed both sets and exchanged the power amps with the other set.
Found out that my set was still functioning and my friends set still malfunctioning.
That tells me that the failure is not in the power amp. So It should be in the pre-amp ( the board behind the knobs)
At this moment I am investigating the schematic from Kevin.
Keep you informed as soon as I know more!

Paul

What I did so far: I checked if I could put the signal low, so that the mute would not work. I shorted the C and E connection of the transistor BC 817. ( Q3) However, the problem remains the same….
It could be one of the C’s that is shorting after a (random) while? Investigation required. ……
image.jpg