No output of a LM3876 GainClone???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Today I started another attempt on a GainClone, using two of my LM3876T samples floating around.

I took both Thorsten's and the minimzed schematic for the 3875, simply exchanging the pins for the proper ones of the 3876.

It didn't blow up, I measured DC on the output - about 1.2 mV, so very OK - connected it to a speaker and signal, and nothing comes out...???

Or am I doing something wrong on the input side? I am not using a pot since volume regulation is done by my computer, so I simply left the pot out of the schematic, connecting the input via 2.2uF and 10k R to pin 9 of LM 3876 (Vin-).

Any ideas, before I blow up my IC by doing something very wrong...???

Thanks,

Arndt

Hi!

Yeah, me idiot! I thought of it myself, but not before I fried one more IC...

I got the 3876 instead of 3875 because I have ordered the IC-Amp-PCB from ESP, and I totally forgot about the differences (causing the first two samples to fry because I even did not change the schematics for the different pin layout)...

Now it works, and I can tell you that it works even with a 30-0-30 toroid (which was advised not to use in another thread), and does not run very hot without any heatsink, simply an aluminium casing with a heasink-like layout (Conrad).

I will have to eliminate some more components, and then test it again, right now I think it does not sound as well as my modified Marantz amp from 1978...

Ciao,

Arndt

Your right.
I have just measured a little.

I have 239V ac connected to the 220V ac input on the trafo instead of the 240V ac input.
So my 24V=30V.

I`m going to fix that now!!!

Power supply: 2*30V ac, 12*5800uF/63V

I`m sorry if I have misled somone here!

I do now have a stereo set playing music from my computer.
Tomorow (or maybe tonight..) I`m going to test it on my B&W 801 (Matrix)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.