Old Samson RS12 PA Speakers with Hexagon-shaped Pole Mounts?

Hello, I have a pair of older RS12 PA Speakers from Samson. They are about 20 years old. The manual says they can "be stand mounted via their standard 1 3/8-inch speaker stand receptacles". I purchased Samson LS50P speaker stands which have standard 1 3/8" pole adapters, which are round, like a cylinder. The RS12 speakers have hexagon-shaped pole mount holes. The posts fit in the holes, but are tight and a bit difficult to disconnect. Here is a photo of the pole mounts:

samson_rs12_bottom.jpg

Am I doing this correctly or are there different pole adapters for the hexagon-shaped holes? I looked and I see no mention of adapters like this, but maybe they are just too old?

I contacted Samson, but the answer I received seemed a bit lacking. They said "It must be very old. The new units are very different. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It should be tight, but not too tight."

Does anyone know if this is just the way it is and that I am not doing anything wrong?

I appreciate any info. I'm just a hobbyist, but wanted to get this correct.

Thanks.

I've never seen hexagonal pole mounts before, and Samson were never a particularly high end brand, so it's unlikely they went to the bother of getting bespoke adapters made for people to add to their regular speaker stands. I would assume the hexagonal thing was just an attempt to differentiate them from their competitors in the market and it is indeed intended to work with regular stands.
If it really bothers you you could swap them out for regular round ones - they only cost a few bucks each : https://www.penn-elcom.com/us/speaker-hardware/top-hats-poles.