Outdoor amp and ps enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built an indoor airplay system: airport express, sure 2*100w Tamp, sure 350w ps. I mounted these in a mailbox, which also acts as the speaker stand. It looks and sounds great (I use my PSB speakers with it). I made it so it is easy to move around, however that is still a pain when you go outside. (Plus i did not figure out how to make left right channels wireless, thus making that part a real pain). I want to duplicate the setup outdoors.
My issue is finding an enclosure that allows heat transfer but is sealed to prevent condensation. I assume I'll do something with a cover so I can place some desiccant inside and recycle it maybe 4 times per year. I considered sealing the mailbox (they are $17 so I can spend money to seal them!). However, I'd like Al or other material with better heat transfer. I really worry on my deck the temps will get too high.
Any enclosure ideas? This is most critical.
Any wireless LR ideas? Be happy to try that in the next project.

Are you also taking your power supply outdoors including its 120-240V supply line? That's pretty risky in my opinion, and you need to know darned well what you are doing in order to make it safe. Can't you keep all the electronics indoors and just run a speaker cable outdoors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.