PA system

Hi, I know very little about PA systems, I run a small choir with 4 concerts a year, two of which are outside. We have an existing PA system that work very well. Subzero 815, 8 channels,300w peak rated 200w 100w x2 The speakers are passive 100w RMS 15 woofer 45--20K. my question is we want to add two more speaker to the kit. It is not to increase the volume but to allow drection when outside. Can I do this whit my system and if so what speakers should I add? Please be non tech. Thanks

David,

Having used the active version of those speakers, I can tell you this: they're awful.
A local band was using them, and hired me to come to their rehearsal and give them some tips and pointers on how to get the best out of their setup. I took a Yamaha DBR10 along, which is about the cheapest PA speaker I'd still recommend. Despite being under half the physical size of one of the 15" cabs, it cheerfully annihilated the larger speaker. More bass, louder, better sound quality throughout.

If the PA system is only used a few times per year, your best bet is to make friends with a local sound company. They'll have much better equipment, and you won't have to store/maintain. You could dry hire just a pair of speakers on stands, or you could hire in the whole production, and see what else you're missing out on.

Chris